Interest Rate Changes to Be Aware of in 2018


Though interest rates have risen, the introduction of new lending programs and the loosening of lending guidelines mean now is a great time to buy or sell a home. 

Looking to buy a home? Get a Full Home Search   
Looking to sell your home?  Free Home Price Evaluation

One of the most common questions we’re getting right now is how interest rates are affecting buyers and sellers in our market, so I’ve once again brought in our preferred lender Brandon Moss to shed some light on this topic. 

Interest rates have gone up by roughly 0.5% since the start of 2018, and they’re still sitting in the mid-4% range for 30-year fixed mortgages. Stocks have also continued to hit all-time highs, and the 10-year yield nearly reached 3%, which is the highest point it’s been in four years. 

According to Brandon, this means it’s a great time for buyers and sellers to get off the fence while affordability is at an all-time high. If you’re a seller, you can get top dollar now while buyers can still qualify for higher-priced homes and afford low interest rate payments.  

There have been some notable changes to conforming loans that are advantageous to buyers. Their guidelines have become more flexible, and their limit was raised from $634,000 to $679,000. This helps buyers qualify for higher loan amounts with less of a down payment and, due to rising prices in LA County, increases their purchasing power. 

It’s a great time for buyers and sellers to get off the fence.

If you’re a buyer, Fairway Mortgage is offering some new programs this year that you might be interested in, including programs designed for self-employed buyers who can’t show enough income to qualify, reduced documentation programs, and reduced down payment programs.

Though interest rates have gone up, the introduction of these new programs and the loosening of lending guidelines has opened up more doors for buyers and made now a great time to get a loan and buy a house.

“You’d be surprised what you might qualify for nowadays and how easy it might be to get a loan,” Brandon says.

If you have any lending questions for Brandon, you can call him at (818) 256-4330. If you have real estate questions for me or you’re thinking of buying or selling a home, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I’d be happy to help you.

5 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing blog post we are also Provide home loan services,Summit Lending Provide FHA Loans in Southern California many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I`m Charlie Bean. I needed a loan to buy a house and I searched for a mortgage loan from all banks and I was denied and I loss hope of having my own house until I came across a post just as you reading my post now. I saw a post about a Financial Service Company who gives loan at 2% interest so I applied in STEAKLEY FINANCIAL SERVICES using their email steakleyfinancialservices@yahoo.com. And my loan was granted it was like a dream but was true and now am a owner of a house in Toronto and am paying the mortgage loan with no stress and I also requested if I can be granted a business loan and I was also granted. Now am living a happy life, I will advice you if you have an financial problems and you need money to settle it so you can pay with no stress just contact Steakley Financial Service at their email Steakleyfinancialservices@yahoo.com or number +1(512) 714-8010.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
    First name......
    Middle name.....
    2) Gender:.........
    3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
    4) Loan Duration:.........
    5) Country:.........
    6) Home Address:.........
    7) Mobile Number:.........
    8) Email address..........
    9) Monthly Income:.....................
    10) Occupation:...........................
    11)Which site did you here about us.....................
    Thanks and Best Regards.
    Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete